2017 Admissions Open Houses
Thursday, October 5, 6:00 – 7:00 pm OR Monday, November 6, 6:00-7:00 pm
To attend an Open House, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org, or 212-864-6100 ext 114. Attending an Open House is a good way to get to know our school before submitting an application. Open Houses are optional, and you may submit your application at any time before the Jan. 5 deadline. Tours are scheduled after we receive your application. Please note that applications mailed close to the deadline will limit tour date availability.
1. Optional: Attend an Open House
2. Download an application. Complete and mail with a $45 application fee to:
Broadway Presbyterian Church Nursery School Admissions
601 West 114th Street
New York, NY 10025
3. The school will contact you to arrange an appointment to tour the school (adults only) and a play visit for your child (3s and 4s applicants only). Tours are generally Wednesdays from 9:30-10:15 am in the fall and early winter.
4. If applying for financial aid, please visit https://www.solutionsbysss.com/, fill out the application and submit supporting documents by the 1/30/18 deadline. The school code is 157945.
5. The school will contact you to arrange a play visit (excluding 2s applicants) for your child. Play visits are Saturday mornings in January and February.
Typically, we follow the ISAAGNY admissions notification dates.
Annual Tuition & Fees for 2017-18
Please note that tuition typically increases annually by a small percentage.
2s (T/F 12:45-2:45)
- 2 AFTERNOONS – $4,820
3s and Nearly 3s (9:00-12:00 or M/W/TH 1:00-4:00)
- 3 AFTERNOONS – $6,820
- 5 MORNINGS – $11,248
4s and Nearly 4s
- MORNINGS (9:00-12:30) – $11,984
- EXTENDED DAY (9:00-2:30) – $14,996
Parent Participation Bond – $400
- Children are admitted if they are aged 2 years to 4 years 8 months by September.
- We strive to create classrooms that have an equal balance of girls and boys.
- We strive to have enrollment that reflects the diversity of the community.
- Children of families affiliated in any way with the Nursery School or the Church are given priority.
- The program is play-based.
- Children engage in active play every day, either with a trip outside to a nearby playground, in the climber room or in the gym.
- Our program includes music, art, drama, cooking and science.
- Children in 4s class bring their own healthy lunches from home.
- Children in 4s extended day have a short rest or nap period.
- Our teachers are advocates of progressive education, providing a range of structured and open-ended experiences, based on individual children’s development and readiness.
- Children are required to be up to date on vaccinations to attend. A schedule of vaccinations required to attend school can be found here.
- BPCNS graduates in the last 3 years have been accepted to Alexander Robertson, Ascension, Bank Street School for Children, Calhoun, The Cathedral School, Dalton, Columbia Grammar, Heschel, Hunter, Manhattan Country School, Metropolitan Montessori, Solomon Schechter, The Special Music School, Speyer Legacy School, The School at Columbia, Trevor Day; and have attended District 3 G&T and Dual Language programs, Anderson, CPE 1, CPE 2, Dos Puentes, Manhattan School for Children, Muscota, PS 9, PS 75, PS 84, PS 163, PS 165, PS 166, PS 180, PS 452, Success Academies and WHEELS.
- Parents are expected to participate in support of the school.
As an introduction to school, we are pleased to offer an afternoon twos play group. A gentle separation program, the class of six children meets two afternoons per week, from 12:45-2:45, guided by two experienced teachers. The program consists of play, socialization, snack, music, art and stories.
2s Class FAQs
- How old does my child have to be? Children are admitted if they will be 2 to 2 years 8 months by September.
- How do you handle separation? We work with each family individually, to establish trust and a comfort being in the classroom. Over time, the adult makes short separations and returns to the classroom. The process can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.
- What is the schedule? The class begins at 12:45 with play time. After a long period of supported play, the children gather to sing songs together, followed by a period of large motor play in our “climber room.” After a snack and a story, the day ends at 2:45.
- What about nap? While many children nap in the early afternoon, the nap time shortens as children age, and many children begin dropping a nap or two a week during the 2 year old year. We have found that children easily adjust to a slightly later nap time on the days they attend the program.
- Does my child need to be toilet trained? While we are not set up for a diaper-changing table, we recognize that toileting is an emerging competency for a 2 year old, and do not expect children to be toilet trained. We support children as they make strides of autonomy — recognizing their bodies’ needs and participating in the process of a diaper change in our children’s bathroom.